Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Letting Go - 捨去


My muse is kind to me this month. Another jog another one day poem. I was looking up into the blue sky and on seeing fleecy cloud passing over the mountain top.  To keep my mind from boredom... Later, as I listened to Matt Monroe's "Before You Go", all language refinements took place.


白雲西向青山過 Towards the west, white clouds passing over the green mountains,
書劍恩仇無盡波 Whether a scholar or a fighter be, vengeful requitals and resentments are endless.
拂清袖風何惜顧 Even the wind in my sleeves are swished out – Should I care anymore?
稀少晴日雨夜多 For rare are sunny days and rainy nights too many.


Green mountains are the foolhardy and headstrong youth. Westerly white clouds -- the aged approaching death. Thus, the first line is saying, another aged had passed away leaving the young to carry on. Waves – the turbulence of the world caused by those youthful sap and the reckless unforgiving old. A play on 兩袖清風 (pure wind in the two sleeves) -- an upright incorruptible honest person; usually said of a judge or an official leaving his post clean with no bribe taken during his tenure.

From 書劍恩仇記 which I had glimpsed on Youtube last night.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020



No comments: