Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

After The Rains - 雨後


I was woken up by the rain. Couldn't go back to sleep and so I wrote this. The theme was the deathly silence after the rain had stopped and unable to go back to sleep.

1寢内甜睡醉中醒 Sweet dreams awakened from my inebriated room,
2窗外水滴雨未停 And rains outside the window kept on pitter-pattering.
3酒意散盡夢入難 No more tipsiness, no more dreams entering…
4辭牀推開往日情 I dismiss my bed and let feelings of old be gone.

5尋尋覓覓何處起 Looking and searching; but where do I begin?
6堪堪冷冷此間靜 Here in this cold and quietness, enduring on and on.
7遲疑欲捲珠簾淚 Hesitantly I scrolled up this curtain of tears,
8又恐莫見嬋娟明 For I fear that there is no moon lit in brightness.

5. From the first for characters of 李清照’s 聲聲慢
8. 嬋娟, personification of the moon as a lady

Thursday, April 09, 2020


No comments: