Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Too Beautiful To Leave



The last day in Bali on a beach near to the airport where an expensive seafood dinner had taken place. The food was really fresh but the style of cooking and taste was so-so. Only in Bali where one can dine like a millionaire. The price came out to be 1.6 million Rupiah. Even after conversion to US$102.65, it was still more than what I usually pay for in the US. I felt that I had been fleeced. Had to console myself that I this was an experience of a lifetime dining on soft beach sands with a wonderful view of a sunset , the cool breeze to wash away the heat and humidity; and this poem to take back home.

1 海風微奏波浪聲
The breeze gently orchestrating the music of the sea waves,
2 夕陽西落水深青 The sun sets and the ocean turning into a deeper blue.
3 雲霞漸暗星月罩 Covered by the moon and stars, fiery clouds slowly darkened,
4 醉戀人生醉戀情 Intoxicated by life, intoxicated in love.

4 醉 also sounds like 最 and hence the entire line sounds like, “What I love most is life and in it, what I love most is love”.

Sunday, September 11, 2022




No comments: