Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2022

01 Crowne Plaza Hotel, Changi Airport, Singapore

Back

1 The Crown Plaza Hotel in Jewel, Singapore

17 Aug – 18 Aug, 1 night.
29 Aug – 30 Aug, 1 night.

For weary and exhausted travellers arriving in Singapore especially in the evening or afterwards and do not wish to hurry into the city soon afterwards, this hotel is just a walking distance after exiting the customs area. Its entrance to the lobby is next to the walkway into the Jewel Mall.

The lobby area is unassuming but practical and welcoming since I was in need of a nice hot shower and really good sleep immediately even though I flew business class over the Pacific Ocean from the US. The plane engine had kept me from having any deep sleep.





The room has a spacious feeling and the look and feel was comfortable.







The bed was firm for my taste and soft enough pillows for my head. The water is hot and powerful.  I had a good sleep from 6pm till 3am.  I woke up invigorated. I was still on Californian time.


 As one can see how the shower door goes all the way down to the floor and so any floor towel will be swept aside when the shower door is opened.  Notice the slight gap between the shower door hinges where water can wet the floor easily.  It is an accident waiting to happen when stepping out of the shower if one were not being mindful enough.

Room fixtures were carefully designed with simplicity and ease of use.  However, the hotel overdid it by having a loveseat and a circular ottoman at the foot of the bed.  This proved to be an obstacle when one groggily wakes up in the night navigating to the bathroom.  There was no nightlight and toes can be easily snubbed.  This can be easily remedied by their removal.  I had to roll the ottoman to an inconspicuous corner.





I find that hotel window views are horrible in Singapore.  The good thing is that it is just a mainly a guest curiosity and they are always hidden by drapes.  Even so, it is great that no outside noise comes creeping into the room.



The crown jewel of the hotel is its pool besting every other hotel that I had stayed. The water is warm and winds are shielded by a huge screen of vines and fake trees spanning across the area.  The outside concrete jungle of asphalt roads leading to the airport terminals is thus hidden away. 

The quiet and serene ambience makes one feel as if being snatched away to an exotic island and far from the Madding Crowd.  One dip into its Capri-like refreshing waters will definitely melt away any oppressive heat and humidity.

I suspect not many guests use this facility.  I do not know about afternoon guests but there was no one in the morning hours.

While unpacking in the new hotel, I discovered that I had left my Apple Watch Charger behind.  I texted them and within an hour, a text reply came informing me that their Lost & Found department is opened all the time.  I was very impressed at their efficiency that I decided to stay with them upon returning to Singapore later in the month.  It is such small matters, like the butterfly effect will have unlikely consequences such as a return stay of a most satisfied guest later in the month.  Of course I won’t expect the same room but for sure, I know the room’s layout and the hotel services will remain the same and be welcomed back like an old friend.


No comments: