Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A Glimpse Of Paradise


It would be too boring to stay in boring Singapore for 40 days and 40 nights due to some personal affairs that I had to take care of. One can only eat and shop so much. It would be better to break up the monotony by going to Langkawi, Bangkok and Bali since Japan and Taiwan had closed their border due to the Covid pandemic. This will be my first time and the last for Bali. It wasn’t as glamorous as I had imagined. I had been spoiled by the movie Bali Hai. The only thing for the entire trip that I enjoyed is the two hours spent on Melasti Beach and even so it is a beautiful beach with warm waters and fine sand, one still has to pay an entrance fee. Everywhere I go, I felt I was being nickeled and dimed to death as a tourist. At least in Singapore, I had no such feeling. I suppose it is the difference between a rich and a poor nation. All I got from this trip are the inspired poems I created while being on this so called Island Paradise.


1 白浪一波又一波
Wave after wave of crashing white,
2 總是敲擊人生過 Always pounding away and yet life must still go on.
3 蓬山更比天涯遠 Far is the world’s edge but farther still is paradise,
4 雲烟緣何再不鎖 Why are the mists and fog no longer enshrouded?

3 The mountain on the main island where the immortals dwell.

4 Like the mists of Avalon, it is believed to prevent mortals from reaching the Blessed Isles.

Sunday, September 11, 2022




No comments: