Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

夜怨 Night Lament


The first draft for the first four lines from 紫霞深鎖水月天 was easily done as I had a storyline. The second verse was a bit more difficult as I need to match and contrast the mood in the first and refinements took another day.



夜怨 - Night Lament 


紫霞夢鎖水月天 Dreamily, the purple haze engulfs the watery sky of the moon,
船頭呻吟醉翁眠 By the bow, the drunken old boatman asleep in snores.
停針欲共春色夜 I ceased my embroidery, pondering if a spring night be shared in togetherness,
艄處勤讀出無言 Deep into his studies by the stern, my words had lost their voice,

曾似裙下花上蝶 Seemed that around my skirt's hem and flower tops butterflies once hovered,
現是眼前湖中烟 Are now but mists of the lake.
難回當日明媚時 Nary would the old days of splendor return,
惟向刺繡衷纒 My knotted-heart laments -- upon the brocade sewn.

Monday, June 03, 2019


No comments: