Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Never Lasting Dreams - 烟雨夢

 
Today was a beautiful sunny day and the breezes were gentle. While sitting on the picnic table by the cliffs on the old grounds of Marineland basking like a snake in the sun, I was able to reorganize and refining a poem that had me stumped for a long time. What a great way to to distract me from my recovering legs.  I was not able to enjoy the scenery without my large hat to shield me from the sun  and the tabletop was hard on my butt. Thus, unable to steep in the splendor of the ocean that is before my eyes.

1 巫山烟雨夢 The misty ethereal dreams of Mt. Wu,
2 長短總是空 Be long or be short, emptiness still in the end.
3 後庭寂寞聲 Now awakened to the sound of a desolate courtyard,
4 花無百日紅 Nary could flowers remain in red for a hundred days.

1 An allusion to the story of the Duke having a tryst with the Goddess of the Mountain. “妾在巫山之陽,高丘之阻,旦為朝雲,暮為行雨”

2 Always an end to everything.

4 From the saying, 花無百日紅, 人無千日好 – Flowers cannot last for a hundred days and man cannot be food for a thousand days.

Wednesday, June 9, 2021



No comments: