Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Opium Dreams - 鴉片夢



Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.

This was posted by someone on italki with her own translation. However, I made it poetic,

生命莫待雨驟過來時起舞隨中學.

It is too beautiful a quote to pass up and not have a poem for it.  

However, I spent two days and nothing came out of it.  It was during one of my calligraphy practice that some invisible hand caused me unconsciously to write out 莫待春色過,Wait not till the colors of spring are gone. I did not like the initial draft.  Eventually the five character lines morphed into seven character ones which I believed packed in greater emotion.  Listening to 吻別 greatly helped the mood too.

難信四月就此It’s hard to believe that April is already gone like this,
春日花盛闋無多 Heyday of spring is over - blooms no longer in abundance.
雲非地上凡間Clouds don’t belong to this mortal world,
鴉片閑浮他南柯 They laze and float in other morphinic dreams of the Southern Bough.
Wednesday, May 01, 2019



No comments: