Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Sayonara - 辭別


 
Jogging on a cloudy and gloomy morning, I saw a gust of wind swirling up a bunch of leaves in dance… This poem was the result. 

春光花蝶盡無窮,
Flowers and butterflies, endless in time of spring,
宴席徘徊酒香濃  Pacing up and down, in amidst of banquet's aroma of wine.
忽見燈下闌珊處  Suddenly, espied under the quiet of the lights,
從此與君朝暮紅  From then onwards with thee, every dawn to dusk, a rosy time.

門前突來一陣風 A sudden wind came blowing at the doorstep,
吹散舊日雲烟夢 Dispersing all my dreams of yesteryears.
徑路不見行踪影 The garden path, nary a trace of footprints,
聲去無人難再逢 The sounds are gone, no one around, reuniting an impossibility.

However, two days later, at the same spot, the sun this time was shining warmly and the sky was blue. My spirit was very different and on thinking of the original poem, I felt that it was too sad. I wanted to have hope in the end. I tried to change the poem but could not find the inspiration to lift that dreary mood in the poem in that format. 

Perhaps it’s about time I should try my hand at lyrical format; of which I know nothing. In the end, whether I succeed or not, this poem is for myself, to challenge my brain to express what my heart wanted to say even if all the lyrical rules are broken. With the help of the song, “Sayonara”, I was happy with the result. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BO5AEPFEQ&list=RDCziVmYd3TJE&index=6

春光蝶,                Springtime butterflies,
花艷盡無窮.        In endless exquisite blooms.
宴席徘徊酒香濃 Sludging through and through a party’s heavy bouquet of wine.

闌珊處,                 In a quiet place,
燈下影,                A shadow under the light,
欲語遲.                Hesitant. Words came too late.

飛來烏紗隔月矓. Along came a blustery thin silk black, hazily obscuring the moon.
緣近份無暗
恨生. Propinquity fated but bonds never connect, a hidden regret grew.

門前風,                 Doorstep wind,
掃清舊日夢.         Sweeping utterly all dreams of old.
陰差陽錯與眠同  Wandering in a slumberous daze.
微聲語,                 A murmuring heard.
看無跡,                 Saw no trace,
遂徑入.                 Into a path led.
朗停轉望見故人  Doven stopped. Body turned. Saw a face of old.
心興又恐在幻重 A heart leapt and yet… Afraid that once more in fantasy met.

Thursday, January 7, 2021



No comments: